Monday, March 9, 2009

Machakos - March 9th

I am at Scott enjoying my time. This morning was chapel. We came in and sang one song and then had a time of prayer. I preached – I think it was well received. I took a small video of them saying hi to my church and family. As I am typing this young Kenyan came over to say hello. We spoke, he took my hand and prayed God’s blessing on me – very thankful. At chapel one fourth year student shared his passion to go back to his people to share the gospel. He desperately wants people to go into the pastorate who know the Bible. He told me of one young man who became a Christian who took the name Peter. When the local Muslims found out that asked him what his name meant. Peter did not know, so the Muslims showed them where Peter is called Satan by Jesus in the gospel of Matthew. Peter then thought his name meant Satan and became discouraged and struggled with the faith. If only there was a pastor to tell him the truth.
After chapel we had chai (I passed as I was warned about what it might do to my stomach). I was specifically told to pray for the tea in my final prayer or no one would know what to do.

There are five other Trinity graduates here. Three Kenyans, an Asian American doctor and John. I had lunch with two of the leaders today about theological education and how the US could help (and hurt). It was very educational.

I am glad to be with these people. They have been generous to me.

No comments: