Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Goodbye Verna,
Glad We Met

Last week, our longest standing member went home to be with the Lord. Many of you knew her for years. I met her once last week. It is a moment I will cherish for the rest of my life.

When I got to visit her she was lying down and very tired. She could not say very much, but I told her who I was and her eyes did all the talking. We prayed together for quite a while. Her refrain after every sentence: Yes Lord! She could not say anything else. When I got up to leave, she reached out her arms, hugged me and said, "I love you."

This dear sister will be someone I look for when I meet her in heaven.

The funeral is scheduled for 11:00am in the sanctuary. You are all welcome to join us to grieve and rejoice for our sister. She has gone home.

Pastor Darren

No comments: