Monday, September 13, 2010

This is My Church!
Living Out the Mission of PCEFC





Do you know the mission of Pine City Evangelical Free Church? If not, let me remind you that "we exist to worship God authentically, enjoy Christ's supremacy, cherish Scripture mightily, care for each other passionately and reach out tenderly with the saving message of Jesus Christ."

When I first became aware of this church's need for a Pastor, this mission statement jumped out at me. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best written and most Scriptural church mission statements I have ever read. As I investigated, I found that it had been voted on and adopted as the church's mission statement sometime last year. For the next several weeks we will look at, dissect, and prayerfully learn to live out this mission statement not only in our church, but also in our homes and our community.

Please join me for this upcoming sermon series entitled,"This is My Church!"

The sermons will be as follows:
September 19 - "Worshipping God Authentically"
September 26 - "Enjoying Christ's Supremacy"
October 3 - Missions Sunday with the Transburgs
October 10 - "Cherishing Scripture Mightily"
October 17 - "Caring for Each Other Passionately"
October 24 - "Reaching Out Tenderly"

Pastor Joel

No comments: