Thursday, May 14, 2009

I am so thankful this morning.

A whole new world has opened up for me…. I can see this morning! This morning I saw the clarity of my granddaughter’s big beautiful brown eyes and long black eyelashes. I saw the greens keeper on the golf course out my back window and the beauty of the manicured greens he keeps up so faithfully. I saw a tiny white piece of paper along the road today as I drove to work. I saw the crispness of the green leaves just budding on the trees. I see a brightness and a clarity in the world around me and I am thankful.

Anyone who knows me well and who has been praying for me knows the frustration I’ve experienced of not seeing clearly. I have been to eye doctors numerous times over the last four years and we have tried this contact lens and that contact lens and nothing has worked very well. This week I tried another type of contact lens (kind of my last resort before surgery). This lens was very hard to get use to, it hurt and was uncomfortable. But I “bit the bullet” and am resigned to getting use to these. I think they are going to work and I just can’t believe what I’ve been missing out on. I can actually stand a number of feet away and see what is on the computer screen (my nose use to be up against the glass just to see what I was typing). I can see normally and am so thankful.

There is a down side though. I didn’t know my keyboard needed cleaning. I didn’t know there were smudges on the wall and I didn’t know my car needed a vacuum. Better get to work!

Jeanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeanne... I am thrilled for you! I pray you can get used to them quickly. What a praise!

Tim<><