Friday, March 6, 2009

A note from Darren


Jeanne,

Just a quick update from me: Things are going well!! I only have internet for a brief moment so I will be short. The wedding rehersal was last night - 3 hours long and then dinner. It will be a pretty long wedding. The best part is the brother of the groom has to go "fetch" the bride before the wedding. This can take hours as the family tends to have fun releasing her :) The driving is crazy - I can not even explain it. Add that to people walking down the middle of the street always trying to sell you something, and it makes for an interesting day. A lot of people are just walking around or sitting on the side of the road. I am now recovered from jet lag and getting to see Nairobi. There was some violence today - a tribe was killing bus drivers in protest of something. I have learned that "ninn-e-sota" is Swahili means "I'm broke." People here laugh when I tell them how cold it is. I met 5 Christians on my way here. Three guys from a free church that were headed to Sudan. 1 woman from Dallas going home to visit in Kenya. And 1 woman from California who is a board members of some ministries that fund hospitals in Uganda and Sudan. It was a long flight, but good! Must go now! Darren

No comments: