Thursday, November 20, 2008

Committed to Peacemaking

One book I would recommend to everyone on the planet - The Peacemaker. It is a helpful guide that is attached close to Scripture. Someone passed on to me last week a thought from Jesus' teaching in Matthew 7 and 18. The moment we see the speck in someone's eye is the moment we know we have a log.

That is, if you find yourself being able to point out on a constant basis, others sin, and gleefully rejoice when they do sin, you yourself are the one with a terrible problem. It is so easy to see others fail. But will we come to them and beg them to repent? Will we not care for our own agenda but desire only what is best for the person we see in sin?

I personally feel so much better after I have spoken with someone face to face. I try to cut out imaginary conversations. I try not to "share" my concerns with others. I just want peace. If the Lord can love me, I can love them.

Our church is made up of saints that are hurt, sinful people. Your pastor is one of them. Read the NT and Paul is always struggling with those he has ministered to. Yet, they are still the church! Eventually we will run each other over, say something we shouldn't say or do something out of spite. At that point the gospel will enter, and we will be peacemakers.

Pastor Darren

No comments: