Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Father-in-Law, Lonnie Johnson
A Man I Respected


As you may have read in the previous post, my dear father-in-law went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, August 27, after a tragic automobile accident.

Our hearts are broken. We covet your prayers. You see, we lost a father who we honored and respected greatly. He was a man who loved and honored his wife, Shirley, our dear mother, for 65 years. He was the example of a devoted husband and father. I watched, as a daughter-in-law (who actually felt and was treated as a daughter), the importance of family to my father-in-law. He loved his children and were proud of each one. Dad worked hard on the farm and gave to his children, a great work ethic.

In later years, his grandchildren were the apple of his eye. I can rarely think of a time when dad missed a Pine City basketball game when his grandsons were playing. If he did have to miss, you could count on the phone ringing about the time we walked into the house just so he could hear the highlights of the game and his grandsons' accomplished stats.

I, personally, have learned much from my dear father-in-law. The importance of family, the importance of working hard, and the importance of having fun (you didn't play until the work was done though). Our dad will be greatly missed. Our hearts are heavy and we ask for your prayers for our mom, Shirley, who is recovering from her injuries in a hospital in Watertown.

From a daughter-in-law who loved and admired her father-in-law,

Jeanne

Some of this summer's memories....














No comments: